Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Baby Jack - 8 Months Old


ORIGINAL POST DATE: August 04, 2016

Jackson is officially 8 months old. He is looking like a little boy now and less like a baby. This guy crawls, climbs, rolls, stands, and pulls himself up onto everything and anything within reach. He has an endless number of brightly colored obnoxious toys and all he wants to play with is wires, remote controls, and garbage cans. I'm still regretting in my 6 month post where I said he was sleeping the night, because that shit isn't even close to being true.

We even took him to the doctor to make sure he's ok because he's waking up 4-6 times a night. Yay! The doctor thought he might be hungry, which makes sense since the bad sleeping started once he was crawling and burning more calories. The doctor also said he hadn't gained weight since his last appointment. We've introduced protein and started feeding him 3 times a day and a little more at each meal. We've tried supplementing with some formula at one feeding a day which he is just not having it. He hates the bottle and apparently formula too. We've also tried Motrin and Tylenol in case it's teething. That's what I think it is. I can see his two top teeth coming in. Poor guy. So we are just being patient and I'm sticking with breastfeeding him through the night while Josh continues snoring away.

His two favorite sounds to make are still ayayaya and babababa. Today he said mamama. Pretty exciting stuff even though it's not associated with me yet. I'm still basking in the fact that mama came before dada. I've heard that most of the time dada comes first. So there, in your snoring face JOSH!

We are taking our first flight on Sunday and I'm nervous. Jackson is a good baby and doesn't cry too much but he is so mobile, I think sitting still is going to be his biggest issue. I'm prepping like a crazy person and trying to think of everything we could possibly need. I've researched TSA regulations for babies and American Airline policies on lap children, strollers and car seats. Travelling with a baby is so much more complicated than flying by myself. Good thing planning and organizing are my strong suits and Josh is very calm. I think this is a winning combination. Also, Jackson is so cute so it will be hard for the other passengers to be pissed at us. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment